Monday, January 08, 2007

christmas country death


baby jesus in the manger! the holidays completely killed my artistic momentum. first a wicked cold virus, then i lost my fancy pen. (depressed). THEN the gruff had gigs five nights in a row, and christmas came and holiday mayhem enused. still gigging twice a week, and working as well, (not to mention a newfound addiction to "LOST") i'm guiltily neglecting art. but my comic did indeed get accepted to the new book "the make" and there's an opening on the 20th, for which i am supposed to "make" something. so i gotta buckle down! it's time to get creative! and you people! come to the art opening... it's rumored that buck 65 will be playing the party! check out the website for details. http://www.themake.ca/
here's some sketches i did of my folks on the ferry last weekend, a couple of comics from vancouver, and my lino-cut country-christmas-death card. i'll try to write more comics soon, so if you read them, please comment on them, so i know they are seen. oh! and happy 2007, friends!



























6 Comments:

Blogger juniper said...

yay Jenny! I read your comics.. I hate it too when folks read but don't comment- you wonder if anyone is actually seeing them.. dammit people! comment!

8:58 PM  
Blogger R. Duckie said...

Yay, you're back Jenny!! I can hook you up with MORE EPISODES OF LOST if you want! I am glad you are finally hooked on it like the rest of us.. heh...

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider it seen!
the christmas card is awesome. I havent done Lino in a while, probably because my last attempt was an utter failure. Ah well, back to comfortable pens.

As for those folkx on the ferry, I have the vague notion that perhaps I recognise them from someplace... awesome portraits

anyhoo, hopefully I'll seeya at Solstice on Friday. Will you be there?

Love, Taylor

P.S. One by one everyone I know is being picked off by Lost. I hear it is amazing but I fear it, I have heard of its effects upon people's free time.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

these are real cool drawings!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Here ya go...

http://taylorsdrawings.blogger.com

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Here's another reader standing up to be counted, but anonymously. I do have a blog too but it's a grandmother kind of one with mostly family news. I got to yours this morning (Jan 27 2007) via RRD, via another blog. I like your cartoons and wish I could draw like that.
E Low

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter Stats
gutter instalation
gutter instalation Counter