Sunday, October 30, 2011

So Much To Share!!


Hello from Piebird, North Ontario, where the goats are happy, the farmers are long-haired, and the leaves underfoot are delightfully crunchy!

If you don’t know already, I’ve been here for a month, for my yearly retreat from the city. The first order of business when I arrived was Rest. I slept for 10 hours a night, and felt like I recovered some long-lost portion of my soul. The second order was goat-snuggling (all my old friends, and the newest addition, The Mighty Pepe) and catching up with my dear dear farmer friends, Sherry and Yan. The third order was music.

I’ve been spending a few hours a day practicing, writing, and musically organizing in anticipation of recording. Last month, while traveling in Sweden and Germany I wrote a few songs, and the inspiration I was feeling has carried over to life here at Piebird. I’ve got a bunch of new material, and am feeling so wonderfully at ease with writing and playing. I can’t wait to share with you!

At first I thought this album would come into being some time in the wee hours of the new year. But scheduling, as usual gets in the way, and it turns out that Adrian Dolan and I (and a delightful gang of other weirdos), are going into the studio in March. This would make the album release slated for some time in May. I know, I know, it sounds far away, but really, Spring’ll be here before you know it! And extra wonderful is the fact that Yan of Piebird (who is an incredible graphic designer, but don’t tell him I told you so), is going to help me out with the album art, which is very exciting.

So the fund-raising has begun, and things are moving along quickly! 21 days left to raise just under 10 grand, woah, and holy shit it’s exciting! I have no idea if I’ll reach the goal or not, but so far, people’s donations have been mind blowingly generous, and they’re sharing it around like free candy on hallowe’en! One thing I’m getting out of all of this is this incredibly gratifying sense of being supported. Supported by my friends and community, by fans of The Gruff, and also by complete strangers! Amazing!

What I am still looking to achieve is even more sharing around of the Rockethub site, and a reminder to you all that even small donations, five or ten bucks, make a big difference. So here’s the link, and don’t forget that there are material rewards to be had, not to mention my undying gratitude…

http://rockethub.com/projects/3555-j-r-s-solo-album-finally

So this is the first installment in my “blogging” (anyone else think that “blog” sounds like another wordfor “barf”?) about this fundraiser and album creation. Two more days in this gorgeous North Ontario countryside with the two nicest people in the world, and I’ll be on my way back to Vancovuer to put some of this planning into play. I’ll keep you updated.

Love and ruminants.

Jenny

PS! here is a link to my new youtube channel thingy. It's got some songs on it. Currently it's as close as I'm going to get to a website.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nicejengoat

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

最後がある、一握りの警告としての観察。ありますの様々 な利益をカートでは多大なこれらのウェブサイトがん悪性腫瘍。

Visit my webpage - デュベティカ

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter Stats
gutter instalation
gutter instalation Counter